Care of Vanguard® Awning Fabric
Since no material is impervious to all hazards, proper maintenance is important if maximum life of the product is to be realized.
The following maintenance suggestions are offered:
1. Keep clean. Occasional hosing will prevent dirt accumulation. Most dirt accumulation can be removed by soap, water and a soft scrub brush. Rinse thoroughly. In extreme cases, most dirt can be removed by applying a full or half strength bleach and brushing softly to thoroughly cover the necessary area. Allow to remain for two to three minutes, then thoroughly hose-rinse, protecting surrounding material or plant growth that might be damaged by bleach.
2. In areas particularly conducive to mildew, brush away any visible accumulation of dirt on underside. Mildew cannot attack Weblon®, but it can grow on dirt.
3. Avoid dragging over rough or hard areas that can puncture Weblon fabric or develop frictional heat at the folds.
4. Do not use barbecue grill under the awning or top or allow any ignited material such as cigarettes on top. Weblon fabric will not support combustion, but it might melt away from a hot coal or a similar heat source.
5. Material should be thoroughly dry before prolonged storage.